Executive Secretary’s Office
Known as the scrutinizing eye of the organisation, the unit ensures that every money paid out by the Board is worth paying. In the area of marketer reimbursement of claims, the unit verifies the authenticity of such claims before they are paid.
For every procurement or services to be paid for, the unit ensures that the services have been well rendered to standard or products meet orders placed. They ensure due processes are followed in all the activities of the Board and that policies and procedures are not in any way breached.
Legal Services Unit
The Legal Unit is responsible for providing legal services and advice to the organisation, its departments and employees.
This includes business development, contract management, consumer claims against companies for product damages and defects, litigation, employment law, sale and lease matters, debt collection, bankruptcy cases, prosecution and much more. All these activities create the workflow of the Legal Unit.
Security and Investigation Unit
Security isn’t just about alarms, robbery procedures and filing suspicious activity reports any longer. Security has become the term that defines the evolutionary process that provides a safe and secure environment for employees to work and for customers to do business.
The unit performs the following: provide personal safety for employees and visitors, protection and security of the board’s property, crime prevention and investigation, enforce the safety and security rules of the Board, identification and control of unauthorized persons etc.
At PEF (M) B we adhere strictly to the Government policy on procurement processes and operations. Ensuring due processes are undergone to select contractors and that standard goods and services are purchased so as to obtain optimal performance.
Corporate Planning and Development Unit
The Corporate Planning Unit is to re-position the Board to address on-going industry, national and global challenges in the oil and gas industry.
Roles of the unit:
- Prepare short, medium and long term (3 year) strategic plan in line with the Board’s goals and objectives;
- Define, monitor, and enforce the Board’s strategic goals, vision, core values and unique business rules;
- Schedule and implement departmental interactive sessions to review compliance levels to work plans;
- Develop contingency plans (WHAT-IF SCENARIOS) and include in the planning process;
- Review annual budgets and advise management regarding same;
- Monitor procurement processes and budget performance;
- Monitor all on-going projects of the Board
- Advise management on human capital rating for departments and units;
- Advise management on relevant conferences, workshops and capacity building programs for participation by senior/management staff;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports of all departments and units;
- Ensure compliance with regards to safe guarding data security/integrity through safe back-up, storage and appropriate disaster recovery mechanisms;
- Develop, implement, templates and dashboards for collating departmental reports; and
- Develop database of all departmental reports.
- Do periodic report of agency to supervising ministry