Health, Safety and Environment
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp-content\plugins\easy-attachments\easyattachments.php on line 97
Petroleum Equalisation Fund Management Board’s Safety and Environment Policy recognises that protection of employees, safe-guarding the public and respect for the environment are indivisible from the Board’s goals of effective service delivery to its staff, stakeholders and the Nigerian public.
The Board is highly committed to maintaining a healthy and productive workforce, and ensuring a healthy work environment through good occupational health practice. To this end, the Board’s operations comply with all relevant legislation, as well as Global Safety and Environment standard.
It is the Board’s policy that all its objectives shall be achieved at all times with full consideration directed towards the Health and Safety of staff as well as the Environment. We have continually put in place and improved, processes geared towards implementing the HSE Management Systems (HSE – MS) such as:
- Planning and Implementation
- Checking and Corrective Action
- Reviewing Performance
THE PEF(M)B INTENDS TO ENSURE THE FOLLOWING:
- Commitment to providing sufficient and suitable training to enable all levels of employees implement the policy.
- That Safety is an absolutely crucial responsibility: All Managers must ensure that their Departments never fail to make safety a part of their daily practice.
“Safety is a prime line Management responsibility”
- All employees must combine efforts to Identify, Assess, Control and Eliminate all hazards from the work place.
- Monitoring and inspection of all places of work, reviewing reports on safety performance and impact upon the environment.
- Provide and maintain a safe, pollution-free working environment, taking cognizance of all applicable Nigerian statutory requirements and laws.
- Necessary resources are made available to achieve these objectives.
- Application of this policy to all Contractors working for PEF(M)B.
Some of the significant achievements recorded in HSE include;
- Developed and publicized the first PEF(M)B HSE policy statement signed by the Chief Executive .
- Learning From Incidents (LFI) news-letter circulated to all staff for increased HSE awareness.
- First Comprehensive Medical Examination of all staff of the Board.
- Monthly Health Tips.
- Continuous monitoring of well being of staff and their dependants
- Quarterly Emergency preparedness and response drills.
- Monthly Blood pressure monitoring of staff.
- First HSE week in the Board held in 2010.
- Yearly HSE monitoring tours to all Zonal Offices and depots.
- Health, Safety and Environment Inspection in the Board Head Office