The Unit has 3 Sub – Units and is headed by a Deputy Manager. The Units are the
- Internal Control Audit Unit
- Investigation, Monitoring and Compliance Audit Unit
- Information System /Technology Audit Unit
Objective of the Audit Unit:
To ensure strict compliance of the Board’s processes and procedures.
- Verify the existence of assets and recommend proper safeguards for their protection;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls;
- Recommend improvements in controls;
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices
- Verify, vet and recommend staff, contractors, service providers and marketers Bridging Claims on Aquila Platform
- Evaluate the quality of risk management.
- Assess the quality of internal controls.
- Assess the accuracy of financial reporting
- Assess issues related to the efficiency of operational productivity within the organization
- Verification of the Board’s Processes and Procedures
- Advisory role to Executive Secretary and Management of the Board.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluate compliance with rules and guidelines established by the Board.
- Review and monitor the Board’s operations to ascertain whether planned processes, procedures and results are consistent with established objectives
- Tests of controls to demonstrate adherence to specific regulatory or Board’s standards
- Investigate , report and follow – up on occurrences of fraud and crimes embezzlement, theft , waste , disasters e.t.c.
- Plan and conduct information systems audits to evaluate the control environment and internal controls regarding information technology governance structure, general and application controls, system development, backup and disaster recovery, data integrity, and system security.
- Evaluate risk, document processes and systems in flowchart and narrative form and design audit programs.
- Review written work to ensure high quality deliverables and minimal review iterations.
- Apply audit lessons to reduce recurring review comments.
- Draft written reports and audit findings deliverables and present them to management.
- Suggest enhancements in controls, policies and procedures.
- Follow-up on client execution of management actions.
- Demonstrate project management skills, manage audits to meet target dates within budgeted hours.
- Manage multiple projects and communicate obstacles and status to Audit Services management.
- Manage technology governance methodologies and frameworks.
- Assess technology risk and develop audit and advisory plans.
- Audit to measure control requirements compliance.
- Oversee and report status of audit remediation activities.
- Handle completion of corrective actions.
- Innovate control automation techniques to minimize compliance cost.
- Guide on emerging operational, legal and regulatory compliance matters.