At PEF(M)B we adhere strictly to the Government policy on procurement processes and operations. Ensuring due processes are undergone to select contractors and that standard goods and services are purchased so as to obtain optimal performance.
Security and Investigation Unit
Security isn’t just about alarms, robbery procedures and filing suspicious activity reports any longer. Security has become the term that defines the evolutionary process that provides a safe and secure environment for employees to work and for customers to do business.
The unit performs the following: provide personal safety for employees and visitors, protection and security of the board’s property, crime prevention and investigation, enforce the safety and security rules of the Board, identification and control of unauthorized persons etc.
Legal Services Unit
The Legal Services Unit is responsible for ensuring the organisation’s compliance with the law and extant rules by providing regulatory and procedural advisory services.
The general functions of the Unit includes but are not limited to the following:
- Secretarial services to the Management and Board Committee
- Advisory and Consultation
- Legal and Procedure Compliance Advisory Services
- Risk and Actuary Management
- Corporate Governance
- Transaction Advisory
- Conflict Management
- Policy Instrument Repository Management
These activities create the workflow of the Unit.
The Unit has 3 Sub – Units and is headed by a Deputy Manager. The Units are the
- Internal Control Audit Unit
- Investigation, Monitoring and Compliance Audit Unit
- Information System /Technology Audit Unit
Objective of the Audit Unit:
To ensure strict compliance of the Board’s processes and procedures.
- Verify the existence of assets and recommend proper safeguards for their protection;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls;
- Recommend improvements in controls;
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices
- Verify, vet and recommend staff, contractors, service providers and marketers Bridging Claims on Aquila Platform
- Evaluate the quality of risk management.
- Assess the quality of internal controls.
- Assess the accuracy of financial reporting
- Assess issues related to the efficiency of operational productivity within the organization
- Verification of the Board’s Processes and Procedures
- Advisory role to Executive Secretary and Management of the Board.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Evaluate compliance with rules and guidelines established by the Board.
- Review and monitor the Board’s operations to ascertain whether planned processes, procedures and results are consistent with established objectives
- Tests of controls to demonstrate adherence to specific regulatory or Board’s standards
- Investigate , report and follow – up on occurrences of fraud and crimes embezzlement, theft , waste , disasters e.t.c.
- Plan and conduct information systems audits to evaluate the control environment and internal controls regarding information technology governance structure, general and application controls, system development, backup and disaster recovery, data integrity, and system security.
- Evaluate risk, document processes and systems in flowchart and narrative form and design audit programs.
- Review written work to ensure high quality deliverables and minimal review iterations.
- Apply audit lessons to reduce recurring review comments.
- Draft written reports and audit findings deliverables and present them to management.
- Suggest enhancements in controls, policies and procedures.
- Follow-up on client execution of management actions.
- Demonstrate project management skills, manage audits to meet target dates within budgeted hours.
- Manage multiple projects and communicate obstacles and status to Audit Services management.
- Manage technology governance methodologies and frameworks.
- Assess technology risk and develop audit and advisory plans.
- Audit to measure control requirements compliance.
- Oversee and report status of audit remediation activities.
- Handle completion of corrective actions.
- Innovate control automation techniques to minimize compliance cost.
- Guide on emerging operational, legal and regulatory compliance matters.
Corporate Planning Unit
Corporate Planning Unit is supervised by a Manager.
The Unit is made up of 4 key sub Units which are:
- Strategic Planning
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Business Intelligence and Improvement
- Consultancy and Advisory Services’
Each sub Unit is manned by a process champion for effective service delivery, service compact and proper accountability of processes and activities.
Key functions of the subunits include:
- Preparation of corporate strategic plans (short, medium and long term strategies) in line with the Board`s Mission, Vision and Mandate.
- Alignment of PEF(M)B`S strategy to Federal Government of Nigeria`s Plans (MPR-9pillars, Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, Ease of doing Business, Executive Orders etc.)
- Interface with Departments and Units of the Board for effective and proper alignment of the Board`s activities with it`s strategy.
- Preparation of Monthly performance report of the Board for the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
- Monitoring of all projects of the Organization
- Monitoring of strategy implementation and work plans
- Evaluation of projects and activities to support Management decision making.
- Review of Departments/Units performance reports in alignment with the Board`s Corporate strategy
- Identification of gaps if any for necessary recommendation to Management.
- Follow up with Departments and Units to bridge the identified gaps to ensure Ease of doing Business and effective service delivery.
- Provide strategic advice to Management.
- Provide roadmap for the Board in actualizing its mandate and programs by ensuring inter-Departmental/Unit and stakeholders synergy.