The Information Technology (IT) Department has been the front runner in the drive to digitally transform the Organisation’s business processes. With the global evolution of digital business solutions, paperless office, 0% real time feedback mechanism, the Department is indeed abreast with global changes.
The Department is supervised by the General Manager and provides support to the Head office, Zonal Offices and Depots.
- Manage and Support Enterprise IT investment
- Provide IT Support for Head office, Zonal Offices and Depots
- Manage Enterprise Information and Cyber Security
- Address IT related Business requirements and innovation
- Provide round the clock support to ensure uninterrupted service in all our locations nationwide
- Constantly interacting with business stakeholders to understand new business requirements
- Constant research and development on emerging technologies for continuous improvement and innovation in line with industry best practices.
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Research and Development
- Information Technology Projects & Security Management
- Head Office Support/Shared Services
- Field Support (Depots and Zonal Offices)
PEF(M)B Key Digital Technology Platforms/Achievements
- Petroleum product tracking from loading to receiving depot by leveraging RFID technology
- Streamlines the process of claims reimbursement to Marketers
- Provides accurate information on petroleum distribution for government planning and economic sustainability.
SAP Software Solution
- ERP solution for accounting and financial reporting.
- Procurement and Budget planning.
- Payment gateway for vendors and marketers’ claims.
- Provides oil Marketers the ability to view the status of their claims online
- Provides additional transparency
Downstream Automated Fuel Management Information System (DAFMIS)
- Provision of near real-time tracking of product distribution from the point of loading to the retail outlet
- Digitisation and Document Management System
- Establishment of an Operations Command and Control Centre (OCCC) for visibility and control
- Enhancement on online Marketer and Outlet registration
- Maintain Business – IT strategy Alignment
- Automation of Manual processes across the Board
- Maintenance of a highly secure IT working environment
- Enhancement of the organisation’s IT policy framework and standards to meet global best practice